Friday, March 4, 2011

Money for Christchurch


Today we are wearing red and black for Canterbury. This is to show that we care for Christchurch, because they had a horrible, terrible earthquake. We brought a gold coin to school to give to the people of Christchurch. This morning we had a Christchurch earthquake assembly. James and Jennifer read their poems at assembly. At lunchtime we will have lots of different things happening to raise more money. Tonight is a family picnic where we will have lots of games and raise MORE money!


EARTHQUAKE
By James

I see helicopters filling up the sky.
I hear heart-broken people wailing for their loved ones.
I taste sandy dust landing on my wet, soggy tongue.
I smell horrible stinking port-a-loos in my street.
I feel rocky concrete crumble under my feet.
I wish this disaster didn't happen.


EARTHQUAKE
By Jennifer

I see people hurt from their fallen houses.
I hear buildings crashing and smashing like a pancake.
I taste dirt and smoke coming to my body.
I smell stinky people not washed, because there's no electricity.
I feel scared and frightened because stuff is crashing.
I wish an earthquake would not happen in Christchurch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment